Wellicht vind je dit ook leuk

  J Blog

Jetts Founder says don't sign a lock-in contract in 2016

Lees meer...
  J Blog

Friends With Benefits

Lees meer...
  J Blog

10 Ways to make time to exercise!

Lees meer...
  J Blog

10 Ways To Smash Any Fitness Goal In 2015


Many of us will kick off the New Year with a pledge to improve our health, fitness, happiness, or overall lifestyle. To get you on the right track, we’ve put together 10 simple strategies to ensure you smash your health and fitness goals in 2015.


1. Make a plan

Whether it’s a healthy meal plan, or a fitness program, we can’t say it loudly enough how important having a plan is. You’ll know exactly what you need to do each day in order to achieve your goals, which will keep you on track. Chat to a Jetts personal trainer to get your fitness plan for 2015. 

2. Set realistic goals

If you’ve never run further than 1km before, don’t expect to be running a marathon by February. Trying to achieve an unrealistic goal in a short timeframe can be very overwhelming and will often leaving you feeling like you’ve failed. Make sure you set long-term, achievable goals that can be maintained.

3. Keep up the H20

Don’t let dehydration hold you back from smashing your goals. Keep hydrated throughout the day by always having a water bottle handy. When working out, you should aim to drink approximately 200ml of water for every 15 minutes of intense exercise.

4. Workout first thing in the morning

Smashing out your workout first thing in the morning ensures you’ll never let a big day get in the way of achieving your goals. Plus the post-workout endorphin rush will leave you feeling pumped for the day ahead.    


5. Make it quick

If you’re short on time, there’s no need to skip your workout! Why not try a shorter workout such as Tabata or high intensity interval training (HIIT). You’ll still get a great workout in and save on time. 

6. Keep track

Logging your workouts and meals is a great way to keep track of what you’ve done. You’ll be able to identify areas that may need a little improvement and celebrate milestones as you achieve them. Check out our top 5 fitness apps here. 

7. Moderate, but don’t eliminate

If you’re trying to make a healthy lifestyle change, you don’t always need to go cold turkey. Try sticking to the 80:20 method: 80% of the food you eat should be clean and nutritious, and use the other 20% to treat yourself. This means if you eat 3 meals a day, approximately 17 meals a week should be healthy, with 4 meals left to indulge.

8. Find a support network

Surround yourself with people who have similar goals and mindsets when it comes to healthy eating and fitness. Having a friend or family member who is there to not only support you, but also join you on your journey can make a massive difference. Not only will you have that extra bit of encouragement, you’ll have someone to hold you accountable on those days where you feel like giving up.

9. Laugh more!

We’ve all heard the saying “Laughter is the best medicine”. But did you know having a good giggle also provides us with many other incredible health benefits? Check them out here.

10. Bounce back from slip ups

No one is perfect, so try not to let a lapse in willpower get you down. Try to identify what it was that caused you to deviate from your original plan, so you can be better prepared for next time. Remember, tomorrow is a new day! 


Related Articles


Wat denk je ervan?